||Multisystemic Therapy Supervisors
||Action for Children
||Multisystemic Therapy Supervisors
£45,352 to £55,944 pa
Full-time, permanent contract, 37 hours per week
Basildon and Colchester areas, Essex
New therapy, new hope, new possibilities.
• Pioneer intensive support for challenging young people and their families
• Oversee the success of a new therapy that's producing excellent results
• Shape a brand new team from day one
Action for Children is the UK's leading children's charity. For 140 years, we've been delivering vital support to children and their families so they can achieve their full potential.
We are now working with Essex County Council to establish two brand new Multisystemic Therapy Teams.
This innovative evidence-based approach will achieve a reduction in numbers of young people entering care or custody and is a significant, central part of Essex County Council’s on going improvement strategy for vulnerable children in Essex. It will add to Action for Children's impressive range of intensive family support services and be part of our pioneering approach to developing evidence-based programmes.
The team will work intensively on every front, from home to school to neighbourhood, with the families of young people on the edge of care or custody.
As a supervisor of a team, your focus will be on ensuring that the principles and processes of MST are followed in full at every stage of the programme. Your first task will be to recruit a team of therapists and you'll go on to provide support, supervision and feedback to clinicians and build good relationships with a range of key collaborating agencies. (For more details on MST, visit www.mstservices.com ).
To be considered for this post the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate:
• A track record as a highly skilled individual achieving positive outcomes for young people and families
• Experience of managing teams to achieve positive outcomes
• A registered social care or health professional with an additional relevant post qualification/training
• OR be a qualified and experienced Family Therapist
• The availability to support therapists providing periodic 24 hour coverage (with support from a back up supervisor).
• Applicants wishing to apply by way of a secondment will be considered – agreement from the seconding agency will be required.
In return, we will:
• Provide excellent support, training and development, including training and consultation from an MST Consultant
• Give you the opportunity to be part of an expanding national MST programme
• Offer continuous service credits to candidates from the NHS or Local authority in respect of annual leave, sick pay and maternity/paternity
And while you're taking action for children, we'll be taking action to make sure you're fulfilled, with ongoing support and training.
Action for Children. Whatever it takes. For as long as it takes.
For more information or an informal chat about this role, please call Anne Waterman on 07921 940758.
To apply, visit our website www.actionforchildren.org.uk/jobs and search under the reference number.
Closing Date: Tuesday 15th January 2013
Interviews: Please note interviews for the supervisor will take place on 31st Jan and 4th Feb 2013 in Essex. Candidates who are successful on day one will be required for the second interview on day two.
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work.
Registered charity no. 1097940.
Company no. 4764232.
Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.
||£45,352 to £55,944 pa
|| South East
|Contact Telephone No:
See a list of current vacancies posted by this Employer.