||Psychological Consultancy Ltd
||Location: Tunbridge Wells
PCL is a small but influential company of chartered business psychologists, established for 19 years. We specialise in assessment related services to organisations – assessments for selection and development, consultancy services, and training other psychologists or HR professionals in the use of psychometric tests. We also publish and distribute a number of personality questionnaires that we offer online; for example, the Hogan questionnaires, the BarOn EQi, PROFILE:MATCH, and the Risk Type Compass.
We are entering an exciting new phase of consolidation and revision of our existing products – the Hogan questionnaires, PROFILE:MATCH and the BarOn EQi have all had recent updates – as well as development of new products such as the Risk Type Compass.
The Research Psychologist will be required to fulfil the following duties:
Test development work:
1. Contributing to item writing
2. Carrying out item analysis
3. Arranging and managing data collection sites
4. Updating test norms
5. Contributing to report writing
1. Instigating new research opportunities and managing existing projects
2. Conducting literature reviews
3. Carrying out statistical analysis using SPSS
4. Writing up projects for publications, technical manuals and conference presentations
5. Establishing and maintaining links with MSc OccPsych university departments and other partners to encourage collaborative research
You will help deliver BPS Test User Ability and Test User Personality courses and/or help observe feedbacks, and assess portfolios.
You will assist the Head of Consultancy and the Consultant Psychologist in the delivery of consultancy projects. This could include individual assessments, report writing, delivering feedbacks, and helping to write proposals. It may also include carrying out statistical research for consultancy projects such as validation of assessment methods.
1. As part of this job you would be required to find organisations that will collaborate with research projects, and ultimately provide a route to sales through research.
2. Additionally, you will be expected to promote the company by attending various industry conferences and events throughout the year.
Professional development opportunities:
There will also be opportunities to accompany senior consultants to client meetings and to be involved in consultancy projects and assessment work.
You would be expected to familiarise yourself with all PCL products and services, their content and their prices, to provide knowledgeable customer support.
Liaising with web developer:
The role requires regular contact with the web developer to ensure all test development and research items are functioning correctly on the online system.
We would support you through the Chartership process.
The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, disciplined, keen to learn, eager to stay up-to-date with current research in psychometrics, and able to work well in a small team.
Knowledge & experience
The successful candidate will need to have an MSc in Organisational Psychology, have at last one year’s work experience, be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Express, PowerPoint, SPSS and generally feel extremely comfortable finding their way around computer systems. Experience of statistical research, office life and basic office procedures would be a significant advantage.
To apply please send your CV and covering application letter to Gillian Hyde, either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Psychological Consultancy Ltd, 8 Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8AS. We are hoping to carry out assessments and interviews during the week beginning 26 November.
||commensurate with experience
|| South East
||8 Mount Ephraim
|Contact Email Address:
See a list of current vacancies posted by this Employer.