||Multisystemic Therapy Supervisor (x2)
||Action for Children
||Full-time, 37 hours per week
New therapy, new hope, new possibilities.
One team will be based in the Colchester area and work across this and the Tendring and Braintree areas. The other team will be based in Basildon and also reach across the Maldon, Rayleigh, Harlow and Epping areas.
• Pioneer intensive support for challenging young people and their families
• Oversee the success of a new therapy that's producing excellent results
• Shape a brand new team from day one
Action for Children are the UK's leading children's charity. For 140 years, we've been delivering vital support to children and their families so they can achieve their full potential.
We’re now working with Essex County Council to establish two brand new Multisystemic Therapy Teams. This innovative evidence-based approach will achieve a reduction in numbers of young people entering care or custody and is a significant central part of Essex County Council’s on-going improvement strategy for vulnerable children in Essex. It will add to Action for Children's impressive range of intensive family support services and be part of our pioneering approach to developing evidence-based programmes.
The team will work intensively on every front, from home to school to neighbourhood, with the families of young people on the edge of care or custody.
As a supervisor of a team, your focus will be on ensuring that the principles and processes of MST are followed in full at every stage of the programme. Your first task will be to recruit a team of therapists and you'll go on to provide support, supervision and feedback to clinicians and build good relationships with a range of key collaborating agencies. (For more details on MST, visit www.mstservices.com ).
To be considered for this post the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate:
• A track record as a highly skilled individual achieving positive outcomes for young people and families.
• Experience of managing teams to achieve positive outcomes.
• A registered social worker, psychologist (clinical/counselling/forensic) or health professional with an additional relevant post qualification/training (Masters or equivalent)
• OR A qualified and experienced Family Therapist
• Availability to support therapists providing periodic 24 hour coverage (with support from a back up supervisor).
In return, we will:
• Provide excellent support, training and development, including training and consultation from an MST Consultant
• Give you the opportunity to be part of an expanding national MST programme
• Offer continuous service credits to candidates from the NHS or Local authority in respect of annual leave, sick pay and maternity/paternity
And while you're taking action for children, we'll be taking action to make sure you're fulfilled, with ongoing support and training.
Action for Children. Whatever it takes. For as long as it takes.
For more information or an informal chat about this role, please call Anne Waterman on 07921 940758.
To apply, visit www.actionforchildren.org.uk/jobs or write to Action for Children, Human Resource Shared Service, City Park, 368 Alexandra Parade, Glasgow G31 3AU quoting the relevant reference number.
Closing date: Friday 2nd November 2012.
Interviews: Please note interviews for the supervisor will take place on 22nd November and on 26th November. Candidates who are successful on day one will be required for the second interview on day two.
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work.
Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.
||£45,352 – £55,944 pa
|| South East
||Human Resource Shared Service
368 Alexandra Parade
||Action for Children
See a list of current vacancies posted by this Employer.