||Occupational Psychologist / Assistant Psychologist- home based
||(covering Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds with occasional travel also to Sheffield)
Do you want to specialise in Occupational Psychology and Adult Dyslexia and Neuro Differences?
Do you want to empower people to realise their potential within the workplace?
Do you want to work within a dynamic team, which strives to achieve success within this niche market?
If the answer is yes, Lexxic is the place you want to work!
Lexxic is a Consultancy specialising in providing dyslexia and related services to people in the workplace. Our services are aimed at unlocking the potential of individuals with dyslexia and related conditions, raise the awareness of dyslexia within the workplace and to create dyslexia friendly environments. We also provide services in areas related to Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, ADHD and Cognitive Processing Difficulties.
Lexxic is based in London, but covers the whole of the UK. You will be expected to attend team meetings at the headquarters in London.
You will be located within commutable distance between Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds. Frequent travel between these areas will be involved, in addition to occasional travel to Sheffield. Time off in lieu will be provided for travel where applicable.
We have exciting opportunities, for applicants with high levels of enthusiasm and motivation, to join the organisation as follows:
Occupational Psychologist - You will be Chartered and have full registration with the Health Professions Council (HPC). You will have experience of supporting individuals with specific learning difficulties, such as dyslexia. You will also be able to demonstrate strong communication skills and IT skills. You will be required to develop the company, in terms of growth and organisational strategy, in the area of Occupational Psychology. Therefore, experience in business development is desirable. You will have strong attention to detail.
Assistant Psychologist – You will have a relevant Psychology degree and MSc in Occupational Psychology. You will have experience of supporting individuals with specific learning difficulties, such as dyslexia, strong communication skills and IT skills. There is the potential to progress to a Trainee Occupational Psychologist and receive support to achieve Chartered status, subject to successful performance in the role. You will have strong attention to detail.
Both roles will include conducting the following tasks in relation to various areas including: Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, ADHD and Cognitive Processing Difficulties:
1. Designing and developing psychological based literature;
2. Designing training material;
3. Delivering training sessions;
4. Conducting psychological assessments;
5. Conducting Adult Learning Profiles (ALP’s);
6. Conducting workplace assessments;
7. Writing up diagnostic, ALP’s and workplace assessment reports;
8. Monitoring, measuring and reporting on your own development and being proactive in managing your growth;
9. Attending meetings, and training and development sessions;
10. Maintaining awareness and knowledge of contemporary psychological theory and methods and providing suitable interpretation to clients;
11. Conducting services both at Lexxic centres and at client sites;
12. Commuting to client sites;
13. Ensuring activities meet with, and integrate, organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care;
14. Conducting administrative duties that support in the delivery of Lexxic’s service model;
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.30pm
Location: Working from home when writing reports. Travelling to appointments in Manchester, Liverpool, and Leeds with occasional travel to Sheffield.
Closing Date: Friday 9th November 2012 at 12pm
How to Apply: Send a covering letter and your CV to Nicola James (contact details below)
Contact Name: Nicola James
Contact Telephone: 07843 562260
Contact e-mail: [email protected]
Website address: http://www.lexxic.com
|| Flexible Hours
||£23,000 - £28,000 per annum depending on level of experience
||68 King William Street
|Contact Email Address:
|Contact Telephone No:
See a list of current vacancies posted by this Employer.