||Multisystemic Therapy Therapists
||Action for Children
||37 hours per week
- Be in at the start of a groundbreaking new development
- Help keep young people out of the criminal justice system
- Bring real hope to families
We are the UK's leading children's charity. For 140 years, we've been delivering vital support to children and their families so they can achieve their full potential. Now – with the active support of the highly regarded Brandon Centre – we're working with Derby City to establish a brand new Multisystemic Therapy team. This innovative evidence-based approach will achieve a reduction in numbers of young people entering care or custody and enable the local authority to further its work on reshaping services. It will add to Action for Children’s impressive range of intensive family support services and be part of our pioneering approach to developing evidence-based programmes.
You'll work intensively on every front, from home to school to neighbourhood, with the families of young people on the edge of care or custody. Adhering closely to the established principles of Multisystemic therapy, you'll help parents enhance their parenting skills to change the behaviour of their children and you’ll engage other key participants in the young person’s live in order to promote/maintain change. Undertaking frequent sessions with family members, you'll help improve relationships in order to prevent young people entering the criminal justice system. (For more details on MST, visit www.mstservices.com ).
To succeed, you'll need:
- Experience in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, Structural Family Therapy and Strategic Family Therapy
- Post-graduate degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a related area
- Candidates with a related undergraduate degree and significant clinical experience in treating serious antisocial behaviour in young people may also be considered
- Availability to provide periodic 24 hour coverage.
In return, we’ll:
- Provide excellent training and development
- Honour continuous service if you're moving over from the NHS or a Local Authority.
While you're taking action for children, we'll be taking action to make sure you're fulfilled, with ongoing support and training.
Action for Children. Whatever it takes. For as long as it takes.
For more information or an informal chat about this role, please call Aurora da Silva, MST Supervisor on 07768 941463.
To apply, visit www.actionforchildren.org.uk/jobs
Closing date: Friday 12th October 2012.
Interviews will be held between: Tuesday 23rd and Thursday 25th October 2012.
We’ll be holding a 5 day training course on November 5-9th 2012 in Derby which would be beneficial for the successful candidate to attend.
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work.
Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.
||£30,014 to £33,664 pa
|| Midlands - East
||Aurora da Silva
|Contact Telephone No:
See a list of current vacancies posted by this Employer.