||Leatherhead (Surrey), Newport (Shropshire)
For thousands of veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder, civilian life can be a minefield of flashbacks, panic attacks, suicidal thoughts and violent rages. Join us, in either Leatherhead (Surrey), Newport (Shropshire) and you’ll be there for them when they desperately need help and support. As a Psychologist with us you’ll provide specialist psychology input to veterans attending our treatment centres and help to implement new treatment programmes including national specialist commissioned services.
We have recently been awarded National Specialist Commissioning and have been identified as the provider of a co-morbid PTSD intensive treatment programme for veterans. It will be the first scheme of its kind in the UK and this is your opportunity to help launch what could become a national flagship programme.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Services, you will:
• Provide expertise in a highly specialist area
• Offer advice and consultation on clients’ psychological care to colleagues
• Undertake research, evaluations and audits
• Propose and implement innovative service developments
• Contribute to clinical, multi-professional and care planning meetings
• Offer clinical supervision to staff
You must have:
• An honours degree in Psychology
• Post Graduate Doctoral qualification in Psychology or equivalent accredited by the BPS
• Eligibility for BPS Chartered status
• Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment across the full range of patient groups and care settings
• Particular experience of psychological trauma and its associated mental health issues
Combat Stress is the UK’s leading military charity delivering dedicated treatment and support to Ex-Service men and women with conditions such as PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), depression and anxiety disorders. Since 2005, we have seen a 72% increase in demand for our specialist services caring for Veterans’ mental health. If you have the skills, experience and motivation to help our vital work, we would like to hear from you.
Please download the application form from http://www.combatstress.org.uk/pages/vacancies.html and return it along with an up-to-date CV and cover letter, stating your salary expectations, to the relevant person for each location (information on our website as above).
No agencies please.
Closing date: 2nd July 2012
||dependent on experience
See a list of current vacancies posted by this Employer.