||Senior Behaviour Coordinator
||The National Autistic Society
Hours: 35 per week
Who we and our customers are
We are the charity for the 500,000 people in the UK with autism and their families. We provide information, support and pioneering services, and campaign for a better and fairer world for people with autism.
We are recruiting for a full time Senior Behaviour Coordinator to join our Behavioural Support Team that currently provide support to the Scotland Adult Services.
Based in Central or South West, The successful candidate will support us in providing a consistent person centred approach in the delivery of high quality services to a wide range of individuals on the autistic spectrum.
As part of the Behaviour Support Team you will also:
• Support and guidance in Behavioural Support to individuals and teams
• Develop and maintain training systems for staff and teams
• Manage the referral system
• Implement assessments for newly referred individuals
• Guidance and support in autism approaches
• Guidance and support in Assessment for individuals in services
• Consultancy and training to external agencies
Education & Certification
• Psychology Degree or equivalent
• Working with people with a diagnosis of ASD
• Working with a variety of different behaviours of concern and needs (emotional, social & obsessions)
• Managing small teams and individuals
• Of behaviour management interventions relating to challenging behaviour
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to equal opportunities
• Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
• Good communication skills
• Strong organisational skills and ability to manage time effectively
What we can offer you
Excellent training opportunities, a pension scheme and 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days after 5 years).
How to Apply
• Application forms can be downloaded from the NAS web site and e-mailed to [email protected] alternatively contact 01290 553420 within office hours to request an application pack
• When completing the supporting statement, you should refer to the job description and person specification and ensure that you highlight any information that shows why you are suitable for the position.
Closing date: Monday 28th January 2013
Interview Dates: Stage 1 – 11th February : Stage 2 18th February 2013
Proposed Start Date: to be confirmed
For an information pack please see our website http://www.autism.org.uk and click on “working with people with autism”
Applications for this job are sought from anyone who is suitably qualified and experienced for the role but particularly welcome from those with a diagnosis of autism or Asperger syndrome.
The NAS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and adults who use our services and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Charity Number: England and Wales – 269425 – Scotland – SCO039427
The NAS is an equal opportunities employer
||£24,424 per annum inclusive of allowances
|Contact Email Address:
|Contact Telephone No:
See a list of current vacancies posted by this Employer.