||Clinical Health Worker
||North London / Enfield
40.5 hours per week
CuroCare is a new and expanding private care provider, currently operating eleven units providing Hospital, Residential, Day Services, and assisted living across Greater London. CuroCare is a leader in providing quality care for patients with primarily learning disabilities, and instances a secondary mental illness. We are recruiting enthusiastic psychology graduates who have a passion for caring for people and who are interested in gaining valuable clinical experience including the following diagnoses: autism, aspergers, schizophrenia, personality disorders, as well as a range of other complex needs and challenging behaviours.
Candidates should have a 2.1 or above in a British Psychological Society accredited course. Our employed graduates are provided with full training and opportunities for further development, with possibilities to be appointed to an assistant psychologist post with 1-2 years experience within our organisation.
As a Clinical Health Worker, our graduates make an integral part of our multidisciplinary team including psychiatrists, learning disability/mental health nurses, occupational and speech therapists, in providing specialist services to our client group. By supporting and enhancing the professional psychological care of the service users within our registered hospitals and residential units, our team promotes independent living in our patients, regardless of their illness or disability.
• To implement, provide input, and assist in the planning of individual care plans and risk management programmes.
• Assist with the formulation and review of behavioural guidelines, Positive Behaviour Support Plans, and interventions alongside the assistant psychologists and clinical services team.
• Circulating guidelines and Positive Behaviour Support Plans amongst staff, ensuring they are read, agreements are signed, and guidelines adhered to.
• Observing, and where appropriate contributing to, therapeutic and 1:1 sessions as agreed by the service user.
• To assist the assistant psychologist with psychological assessments.
• Create an informal homely, therapeutic, and rehabilitative atmosphere for patients.
• Facilitating group activities on the unit, as agreed by multidisciplinary team.
• Provide weekly/fortnightly/monthly report to MDT ward round for allocated service users.
• Responsible for administering and maintaining personal care and hygiene requirements for service users in accordance with individual care plans.
• Attending and contributing CPA meetings for allocated service users and providing a CPA Report following agreed template.
• Option to transfer to other units after 6 months placement.
• A minimum of 2:1 in a BPS accredited psychology degree or related graduate qualification
• Experience of caring for a relative and/or voluntary work within the field of social care.
• Experience in challenging behaviour is preferable.
• Commitment to philosophy of care in the community
If you have the skills, attitude and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today.
Download an application form from our website
Submit an application form or CV
||£14,000 - £16,000
|Contact Email Address:
See a list of current vacancies posted by this Employer.